To keep your trash and recycling service running smoothly during snow season, follow our easy “Do’s” and “Don’ts” below:
- DO shovel a path to your recycling cart and trash barrel
- DO keep these containers off patches of ice for safety
- DO make sure recycling carts and trash barrels are clear of snow
- DO put your cart and trash barrel as far in the street as possible - not behind snow banks
- DO leave a 4’ space on either side of your barrel and recycling cart allowing easy access by our trucks automated arms.
- DON’T - use cardboard boxes as a trash container. This is always a “Don’t” no matter what the weather conditions.
- DON'T pile snow beside dumpsters.