- Main streets are the priority for Denver Public Works and its largest plows. Most main streets have stripes – that’s a good way to identify them. These are the streets that carry most of the city’s traffic, as well as emergency vehicles and public transportation.
- We also plow around schools each morning and afternoon to provide safe zones for school children whenever possible.
- Denver does not restrict parking on snow routes – just follow the posted parking rules, even during the worst storms. As long as your car is parked legally, you will not receive a ticket.
Snow Removal Fleet
- 70 heavy plows
- Seven motor graders
- Four loaders
- The motor graders and loaders are deployed to areas where snow tends to create tall drifts on the road; they address streets where ice is packed and needs to be broken up; they can be used to clear on-street parking after the roads are addressed. Motor graders do the heavy work and the loaders remove the snow or ice from the road.
- An additional four loaders at camps to load materials into the plows.